Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something (anything) to look forward to

I've realized that it is important to have something to look forward to especially when there are 5 weeks (22 teaching days) of school left and they seem  be getting  harder instead of easier.

While 22 teaching days seems like a walk in the park compared to the 180 school days that I had in front of me in September, it  is honestly the longest part of the whole year. And for that reason I have to have something (sometimes anything) to look forward to at the end of each day. It's not enough  to look forward to something at the end of the week or month...I need something o look forward to each and every day.

Here is my list of "Looking Forward To's". Don't judge  me...sometimes it's thee small things that get me through  the day.

Monday- I  joined another bowling league for the summer on Monday nights. The only reason why I don't call out sick on Monday's now is because I have bowling and I'd be to scared to "call out sick" and then get caught at the alley by my boss.

Tuesday- 2 things...coming home and reading the NEW grocery store sales fliers.  Lame, I know. I also look forward to watching The Biggest Looser on TV, but with only 2 episodes left I don't know what I'll do with out it!

Wednesday- it's hump day, need I explain further? (Get your dirty minds out of the gutter!)

Thursday- bowling with my friend Suki for the Thursday night league.

Friday- Dinner and comedy with friends at LA Connection in Sherman Oaks. (I'll have to write about LA Connection in another post, but just know that it makes my day!)

Saturday- buying the Saturday paper which is an early edition of the Sunday paper so I get to sit on the couch and coupon for hours if I so choose. And napping.

Sunday- as if I didn't bowl enough...I join a group of leaguers for the Coffee Club which gets together Sunday mornings from 9-1 to practice their bowling. And I grocery shop and nap...and nap again. That's right, sometimes I nap twice on Sunday.

And for the long term I look forward to my 3-day weekend on  May 30th for Memorial Day followed by the last day of school on June 17th.

And knowing myself, the workaholic that I am, I will probably start prepping and planning for summer school the day after school gets out... but  I also look forward to that. It's amazing how much work I can get done when I don't have any students.

What do you look forward to?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only one! I'm SO in survival mode right now! AND we started testing this week! Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the little things that get us through, isn't it? I've got some packages from online shopping that I'm waiting to arrive - makes me race home every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging...it pushing me through everything...I get so into it that I have to remember to eat, shop, sleep...lol I love LA's answer! I'm so gonna miss The Biggest Loser along with Dancing With The Stars, Amazing Race and Survivor!!! Good thing I have vacation to look forward to this summer...and then in the fall it's Art n'Soul.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.