I just spent some quality alone time with myself at the laundromat and it got me thinking about numerous things that I would to like to change, improve upon, or stop doing this year. So without further adieu- because I know the suspense is killing you, here are my 2011 Resolutions. I will warn you that they are very random.
- Go 30 days the without wearing the same outfit twice. I find myself washing the same clothes over and over again each trip to the laundromat, but my closet is still full of clean clothes that I haven't touched.
- Loose 10 pounds. I know I am slender, but upon getting on the scale this morning (naked so that clothes weight didn't interfere) I found that the number reflecting back at me has started to slowly creep north. The last time this started happening I found myself at 170lbs and not knowing how I got there.
- Cook dinner 5 nights a week. Eating cheese, chips, and salsa does not constitute cooking.
- Try 1 new recipe per week.
- Bring my lunch to work each day. I can no longer rationalize a Cup-O-Noodles, a Milky-way bar, and a diet coke (all from the vending machine) as lunch.
- Use recycled/ reusable bags at the grocery store. At the local grocery store you earn 5 points for every bag you bring in to the store...plus, I can fit way more into cloth bags than into flimsy plastic ones. Oh, and it''s better for the environment.
- Shop the sales flyer's and clip coupons more. I use to be OCD about this but I have fallen off the wagon and lost the "joy" of shopping. There is nothing better than the feeling of looking at the bottom of your receipt and it says, "You saved $80", it becomes a game to see how much you can save each time. (Side note: I don't buy items just because I have a coupon, I only get what I need or know I will use).
- Wash the dishes every night before I get comfy on the couch. Also, if my husband does the dishes and says that he is "letting the pans soak", I will get up and wash them myself because ultimately the same pan will be in the sink filled with yuck water 3 days later and I'll have to wash it anyway. You know what I mean ladies?
- Shave my legs at least once a week. Sexy right?
- Read 1 book a month (or more).
- Pay down our credit cards so that we are using less than 25% of our available credit. (I will be writing a money/ credit card related post soon)
- Save enough $ by July in order to purchase Christmas Airline tickets for December.
- Write more blog posts.
- Read and comment on other blogs more frequently.
Okay, I think that sums it up for now.
This is what happens when I do laundry, I think and ponder and make long exaggerated mental lists. I wish I had a laptop that I could bring with me to the laundromat...I'll add that to my wish list for my birthday. It'll be listed right under, World Peace, Free College, and other things that will never happen anytime soon!