- I stepped out on a limb and I applied for the open Assistant Principal position at the school where I work. I didn't get it, but I did get a mini promotion to be the Mentor Teacher for the school. I am very excited and very nervous. The Mentor Teacher position will help me meet the qualifications and experience requirement to be the Assistant Principal in the future.
- I went to San Diego for a training on Picture Exchange Communication systems. It was awesome and I hope to post about it soon including photo's of the very funny bathroom situation that my coworker and I found ourselves in.
- I am still fighting off a cold. I attempted to use my NetiPot even though I ran out of the salt water solution you're suppose to use with it. It resulted in me crying in the bathroom because it hurt like hell. I didn't think drowning in the NetiPot was possible like my follower Donnie suggested she might do, but after my little mishap, I think it is quite possible to drown using the damn thing.
- I bought the new ACT-TURD-IA dessert flavors and I am addicted. I don't know if it's healthy or good for my digestion, but I have found myself eating 2 each night in addition to my morning dose.
- I signed up for too many Secret Santa exchanges at work and I can't keep them straight.
- I volunteered this weekend to work the Winter Carnival at school and decided that next year I should volunteer to help coordinate the volunteers since they were so unorganized I felt like leaving before I even started working.
- I did 25% of my Christmas shopping and I am now freaking out because I have to finish it by this weekend so that I can get everything in the mail in time for Christmas.
- I made my Christmas and Wedding Thank you notes on Shutterfly and they came in the mail this week. I also have to get them in the mail next week.
- Progress reports for school are due by tomorrow night. They are due earlier than I had originally planned and we also have to use a new format. But, seeing as how I am the Mentor Teacher now, I have to lead by example and get them done!
- The staff Holiday Party is on Wednesday and we have to perform a song/dance in front of the entire school. We planned on doing an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas Song but then we were told that we had to diversify and our department is now responsible for representing the Jewish Holiday...we have to learn a new routine in the next 2 days.
- I made a slide show for our End of Year Award Ceremony last spring, so naturally I was asked to make another one for the Graduation ceremony and Student Holiday Show on Thursday. I wouldn't stress over it other than the fact that people were suppose to submit photo's of their students by last Friday and I'm still getting them in today and I'm sure I'll get more from people tomorrow.
- And last but not least, today I volunteered to be the Yearbook Advisor for the school. Thank goodness that isn't due until March.
I hope all of that didn't sound like bitching. I love my job and I love feeling needed. But sometimes I dig myself deeper than my shovel reaches and I end up falling in my own hole.
Thanks to those that checked up on me and made sure I was still alive. It means a lot to me. I admit that I have also been an absent blog reader and haven't gotten to enjoy all that you have had to share either. I haven't forgotten you and will visit you soon.
P.S. While trying to write this post my husband has been calling into me from the kitchen about Pancake Mix. In the last 60 seconds he has asked me 3 times where it is, what happened to it, and if I threw it away. I don't eat pancakes so how the hell should I know where the mix is. Oh, and I'm not in the habit of throwing his food away because I know he'll throw a hissy fit like he just did. Men!