Thursday, October 28, 2010

Think About It Thursday


Think About It Thursdays is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel from 1001 Books. Each week she'll post a bookish  related question and challenges her followers to 'Think About It'  and answer if we can. This weeks question was inspire by Roberta at Con-tain-it and it is: 

What are your favorite 'scary' books or stories? 

Scary Stories Boxed Set
About a year ago Carl found a deal on the series of books called Scary Stories. I remember reading them when I was younger, but have found myself picking up the little books again here and there and to my surprise some of the stories still creep me out.

I also use to like the Fear Street series by R.L. Stine but I haven't  picked one of those up since high school. I haven't actually read any scary books in recent years. I often find myself reading a book when I'm home alone and I have a pretty active imagination so I creep myself out.

What are your favorite Scary books or stories? Head on over to 1001 Book to read more answers....they are probably a little more sophisticated than mine.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if it'd qualify as scary - Wuthering Heights.

    Hope you have a very Delightsome day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too much of a chicken to read scary books or watch scary movies. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love true crime books, especially by Ann Rule :) Great blog, found you via Meredith and Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read culinary mysteries as a rule since I like light reading. Thanks for January 1905 I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know me...I love a good scary story. I still have my favorite - "The Stand" by Stephen King. I've read it 3 times and may read it a 4th! when in HS I read all of the King novels I could get my hands on.... I started with Carrie, then read Salems Lot. I remember getting so scared one night while I was reading Salem's lot that I ran down the hallway to my bedroom and jumped in bed as quickly as I could. After that I could not read Salem's lot at nght, only during the day! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cortney I just happen to come across your blog tonight....what caught my attention is your blog title....Living and Loving in California...I live in Corona! I love California too! Its nice to meet you in blogland and I also see your a Sister in the Bloggerette Sorority too!
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.