Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Reading Challenge


A Southern Daydreamer Reads is hosting a Fall Reading Challenge and it's easy to join. This Challenge started on September 22nd and will run until December 20th.

Here are the rules:
1.) Make a list of books you want to read this Fall.
2.) Write a post with your list on your blog. (You can add to or change this list at any time during the   challenge)
3.) Please post the direct link to your Fall Reading Challenge 2010 post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
4.) You can write another post in December to let everyone know how you did.


My Fall Reading Challenge List
(In no particular order)

January 1905
The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn

Day: A Novel

Dawn

Courtesan: A Novel

Mother Warriors: A Nation of Parents Healing Autism Against All Odds

SOMEBODY ELSE\'S KIDS: THEY WERE PROBLEM CHILDREN NO ONE WANTED! UNTIL ONE TEACHER TOOK THEM TO HER HEART

The King's Grace: A Novel

It's quite a list of books, and I can't guarantee that I will make it through all of them but I sure am going to try. I also have a week off at Thanksgiving this year so I know I will be able to read a lot then.

What will you be reading this fall?

4 comments:

  1. Those look like great books Cortney! This sounds (or...reads) like a great challenge. I will check it out.

    Thanks for your sweet comments about me not looking my age! When you're as old as I am (I say that all the time now that I am 40), it makes me feel awesome when you young people think I look younger than I am! As for my hair, yes, I'd love to have long, flowing hair, but, alas, that isn't me. I've tried growing it long, but I never end up looking like me anymore. In the words of my second mom, Anita, this is my "SHUT UP and LOOK AT ME" hair do!
    This is me....plus, I look younger with short hair! Is there a theme here?
    As for tattoos...very cool pin up! Mine looks like a Chinese watercolour..I love it.
    Take care. Hope to "see" you tonight for my giveaway "drawing"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a list of books to read. I read mainly for escape and I'm too old to get mentally challenged a lot but a few of those look really interesting. I did finish 3 of my 5 reading list and feel very accomplished. Let us know what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...good luck on reading all you want to get to...seems like there is never enough time to read all we want ;) I'm all for the Secret Diary of Anne Boylen and Anne Easter Smith's new book. The two Holocast books and the January 1905 books look a bit heavy...I'd really have to have nothing else on my list before I'd tackle those. Safe the two above for me please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list Cortney! Some of those are heavy...with the holidays coming up.. I would have to wait to read those...lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.