Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day #2 of my 21-Day Challenge

What a difference 24 hours makes! I'm not saying today was sunshine and rainbows, but I didn't cry for no reason which is a step in the right direction. I did have several more very vivid dreams last night and woke up repeatedly. One of my dreams was actually a dream within a dream. I dreamt that one of my students passed away and I was hysterical in the dream, but then I 'woke up' and was so disturbed that I went to school to contact the parent and make sure it was only a dream...but it was true and my student did pass away. Then I really woke up, thank goodness it was all a dream. I  know that this dream sequence has to do with my fear/ anxiety about the new students I will have in the fall and how I will truly miss some of my students that I am loosing. (**Side note: during my first year as a teacher, about 3 months into it one of my students did pass away and I still think about him on a regular basis. )

Okay, back to the challenge. I'm actually pretty proud of myself today and I'll tell you why.
  1. Yesterday, I replaced my morning cigarettes with cereal. Today, I powered through it with out food. (Yes, I ate breakfast, coffee and yogurt)
  2. I did not answer the phone when HP Customer Service called me back today.
  3. I went to Rite Aid to pick up some items and I resisted the urge to buy cigarettes.
  4. I went to the post office with out going "postal".
  5. I went to the gym and worked out for an hour. When I left, I thought "I can do longer tomorrow".
  6. I came home and cooked lunch for myself (comfort food- Baked Macaroni and Cheese).
  7. The best one I ever made!
  8. My husband came home at lunch time and ate what I cooked...AND WENT BACK FOR SECONDS! That never happens!
  9. I only ate 3 fudge pops today (I had 4 yesterday).
I made it through 48 Hours! If I remember correctly, the first 3 days are suppose to be the worst, so I'm almost done with the worst of it. My cravings still suck. There is still a part of my brain that tries to justify smoking "just one more" and then the smart  part of me that says "just one more" will ruin all my progress. If I justify cheating now, I will justify cheating later. I have not and will not cheat!

Please take some time and visit Roberta at Con-tian-it who is also participating in a 21-Day Challenge. She is focusing on her art journals and creating one for her recent move which highlights how she has so creatively transformed both the inside and outside space she has. If anyone else is planning on or is already participating in a 21-Day Challenge of any kind, please leave me a comment, I'd love to check it out and spread the word.

Until tomorrow then...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl...that Mac n'Cheese does look good :) I'm thinking about making it real soon...hey that would go really well with my pulled pork...hmmm Guess I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow for cheese! Great job for Day 2 and I can so appreciate those Fudge Bars with the heat index at 108 degrees today. I went to my storage and pulled out some supplies and was dripping by the time I got done ;( Was on the phone alot today so I'm posting late as well...have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's going better for you! Hopefully it will get a little easier every day. :)

    I'm going to be doing my 21-Day challenge in September... once I've moved. I'll be sure to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than comfort food to help you make it through.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.