Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Where do you blog?" Link Party

Centsational Girl is hosting a fun little link party 
and wants to know

She wants to know the good, bad, and ugly about where we sit down, stand up, or kneel to write our blogs.
I know I've been curious to see other people's spaces...it's like when you drive/walk by a home and the curtains are open...you know you want to sneak a peak!

Here is a little glimpse into where I curl up and type.


Looks comfy right? Not really. Here's why...


I pointed just in case you didn't notice that my bum has the power to part the cushions and sink down to the metal bed frame below. It's a sleeper sofa, which I must say is quite comfy as a bed...not so comfy as a couch.

If I hadn't mentioned it before, we live in a little rental guest house that has about 800 square feet of space. After the original apartment we had arranged for fell through at the last minute, we found this cute little cottage like guest house. It was and is perfect for us, especially since the place came furnished. We could buy a new couch and ask the homeowner to remove this one but we wont for several reasons...#1 the path to get to the guest house is very narrow and quite a distance from the road which means we would have carry old couch out and new couch in threw this tight space. #2 we would have to move the couch back OUT when we find a new place next year #3 we have our eye on this really beautiful chocolate brown sectional and are trying to save $ until we have a place to put it that is ours. Anyway, enough about the bum couch...pun intended!

You may be wondering..."what the heck is that behind you?". I'll tell you. My husband is a special effects make-up artist and a huge fan of horror movies. So, the poster behind me is one of the 5 Nightmare on Elm Street posters that hang in the living room. The 'things' behind me are sculptures and a movable zombie head.

Make sure you hope on over to Centsational Girl and look into other peoples windows too!


12 comments:

  1. You look very comfortable. I need to buy a laptop...or snag my son's.

    Happy Monday! La

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like me...that is...doesn't matter that we have a perfectly good desk to sit at...we sit on our bums! My recliner is killing my upper arm...but I just keep on sitting here...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! You are hilarious! I love the close of the bum . . . couch. Thanks for your comments on my blog and not saying anything about my dirty floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog, and I seriously just lol'd when I read "The 'things' behind me are sculptures and a movable zombie head." My husband still likes to think he's in college and put posters up in the house. I think I've finally broken him of that.

    I just started blogging, and I also blog from the corner of the couch. Our living room is a work in progress, and our pets are crawling all over me as I type this. SOMEday I'll have our office done, too. A girl can dream, can't she?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled that I am not the only one who calls my couch my office. :) It is ever so comfortable..isn't it?

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could be mobile and blog from the couch. I am, unfortunately, wired to my desktop. It cracked me up when I read the parting of the cushions! And how cool that your husband does special effects! The masks would totally scare the crap out of me but my boys and hubby would so love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My couch has that space too. We have a sectional and it connects in a "L" shape. I hate falling asleep on it because I fall in the crease. Thanks for stopping by. I hate those people who post pictures of their perfect homes..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it looks comfy but yeah, having your butt stuck between 2 pillows isn't that comfy. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I'm renting a place too and the door frames are about 4" skinnier than most doors, getting that desk in there was work! So, I decided to put the bookcase together inside the room to have less hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cortney,
    Thanks for commenting on my blogging area. It works well for me. I like you space but I don't know if I could concentrate with those zombie heads over me though... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I am so jealous that your husband is a special effects make-up artist! How freakin' awesome is that!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.