Sunday, August 8, 2010

T minus 2 hours until my 21- Day Challenge

I feel like I have been run over by a big truck. I started my day super sore because of my personal training session yesterday but I still decided to hike Runyon Canyon with some friends today. My legs weren't as painful as my upper body, so I thought I would be okay. WRONG!

We decided to do the "hard" trail again which consists of very steep up hill sections that have very small paths and a lot of loose gravel. We did it faster and with fewer stops than the previous time, but it was still hard. When we got to the peak of the Canyon, we all decided that instead of taking the road back down that we would hike the easier trail down. We mastered the "easy" trial going up a few weeks ago, so we thought going down wouldn't be so bad. It wasn't that bad and I even got a burst of energy and ran down part of the way. However, by the time we got to the bottom my muscles started to shake and the hike started to take it's toll.

We headed down to Hooter for lunch...don't ask me why. I think I 've been to a Hooters one other  time in my life. There is nothing like doing 2 days of good exercise and then going to Hooters only to realize you are still out of shape compared to the waitresses there. I think their bright orange shorts have gotten smaller because there was an equal number of boobs and booty hanging out in that place.

Of course Hooters lists the calorie counts on the menu...and  I think there were only 3 things that were less than 1000 calories. I got a salad which was one of those items. We wrapped up our hiking adventure with a trip to Cantaloupe for frozen yogurt (the best part of the hike).

I can home, took a shower, took a nap, and then went grocery shopping. Bad News, I could hardly carry the bags in the house because I'm in pain. Good News, I saved $110 during the shopping spree! They actually had Nicotine patches on sale for 50% off, so I picked up 2 more boxes which will last me 6 weeks! This is a good thing, because in the past I have accidentally on purpose run out of patches and HAD to smoke, ruining my attempt. NO EXCUSES THIS TIME!

On that note, I am preparing myself for the night and Day 1 of my 21-Day Challenge which starts tomorrow. I will be putting my patch on, taking a few Tylenol PM's to help with the body aches and to help me sleep (the patches give me really bad dreams and/or insomnia), and maybe reading for a bit.

Wish me luck and I will give you an update tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...I hear you on the coming down the mountain...with RUBBER legs! Good deal on the patches and on setting yourself up for success ;) I'm joining you in your 21-day challenge...only I'm doing it with my Sketchbook again...I'll post about it later...right now I've got to go put my pork roast in the over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.. how's the challenge been going?
    I've been waiting for you to updated us. I hope you are doing well. I quit smoking when I was pregnant with my first, and it was quite difficult to say the least. The fact that I had another person who could have been affected is what my driving force was behind the will to quit. Otherwise, I would not have done so well.
    Good luck to you.. and just think of how much better you will feel when you stop smoking =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, you can do it!

    How's it going? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.