Sunday, August 22, 2010

My husband ate what?

If someone had told me 7 months ago that my husband and I were going to eat at a Thai restaurant I would have said, "You must be looking in a cloudy crystal ball...because that is never going to happen". SURPRISE, it just did! In the last few months a miracle has happened and thanks to some very persuasive co-workers, Carl has eaten and enjoyed pizza, Mexican and Peruvian food, and now Thai food.

I thought I was going to pass out the day he came home and said, "Guess what I had for lunch today...pizza". A few weeks after that he came home and said he went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. A few weeks after that he was super excited to come home at tell me he ate Peruvian food for lunch. I admit, we eat out way too much, but with his crazy work schedule it's hard to coordinate lunches and dinners everyday. PLUS, if going out to lunch everyday results in expanding his taste buds, then I will continue to foot the bill.

On Friday we made plans to meet up with some friends for dinner and then catch the Stranger Than Fiction Show at LA Connection (read Friday Night Field Trip to learn more about the STF Show). We had worn out our usual dinning spot and wanted to try something new. Our friends suggested we try Thai...and Carl actually agreed. We met up at a place called Thai Jasmine located on Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. It was fabulous!

Our friends ordered Thai Egg Rolls as an appetizer. With very little encouragement, Carl tried one and LOVED it! He even tried the sauce with the egg rolls and enjoyed the spicy kick it had.
For his main dish Carl ordered Thai Beef Jerky. Although the flavor was good, the meat was a little tougher than he had expected.
Since Carl wasn't thrilled with his dish he tried his friend Steven's dish. Shocking! Steven had ordered Pad Thai...I thought Carl would have been turned off by the look of the dish, but he actually said he liked it.
As a Thai first timer, I ordered cautiously and got Curry Fried Rice. It had pineapple, raisins, egg, chicken, and cashews in it and was seasoned with curry. I actually couldn't even taste the curry which was a little disappointing since I have recently developed a taste for it. Carl also tried my food and enjoyed it.

After dinner we headed over to the LA Connection for the Stranger than Fiction Show.(We skipped the show last week to go to Bob's Big Boy for the Friday Night Car Show) This week's STF was one of the best one's they have put on! The cast performed a few new sketches that we hadn't seen before and it was hilarious. There is nothing better than spending a Friday night with good friends, good food, and great comedy!

Stay tuned, we have made plans to eat at a Sushi restaurant next week!

4 comments:

  1. Thai food, comedy show, trying new things..I definitely want to hang out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could deal if my husband was a picky eater. Luckily he's a chef and an amateur foodie, like me (well, I'm not a chef, just an amateur foodie), and we thrive on trying new things. I think half the problem people have is getting over the fear that something might taste bad. I got tricked into trying sushi the first time I had it, and boy am I glad I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has come a long way baby ;) Good for you guys...sounds like you are having the best of times! btw...what happened to your cute button for he/she dinners?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'curry' dish doesn't look like it's got much curry in it! :( No wonder you could hardly taste it. It looks really good, though, just a little mis-named. I'll have to go try to find a recipe now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, please leave a comment.